The Arch Medical Practice offer a wide range of services here at the practice ranging from long term conditions reviews, mental health support and much more.
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Asthma/COPD clinic – the practice nurses run the Asthma and COPD clinics throughout the week in generic clinics.
- Alcohol / drug advice – we run a bi-weekly drug clinic which is led by Pat Bardsley.
- Cervical smear tests – the practice nurses run clinics at various times throughout the week. This can also be done at family planning clinics (ask the receptionist for a leaflet).
- Coil fitting – please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss this.
- Dementia Clinic – The practice offers annual reviews for patient diagnosed with Dementia, this service is firstly booked in with Kye, the HCA and then a follow up appointment with a GP of your choice.
- Diabetic clinic – the practice nurses and health care assistants run the diabetic clinic throughout the week. We also provide a full diabetes clinic on Tuesday mornings, this clinic is held by Francesca Di Rosa (Diabetic Specialist Nurse). Louise Boulton (Advanced Nurse Practitioner) and Practice Nurses also provide the diabetic reviews. This should only be attended by annual appointment or specific request from your GP.
- Drug Monitoring – The practice requires all patient on high risk medications to come for regular reviews. This is led by our Quality Lead, Matt to ensure the safety of these patients.
- Family planning – with the practice nurses. Includes coil checks, oral contraceptives, etc
- Flu vaccination (available annually from mid-October) to those aged 65 and over and to ‘at risk’ patients. All patients eligible will be sent an invitation. For more information about eligibility please use the attached link. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
- Hypertension – Hypertension clinics are ran by all GPs. They can be booked in a general clinic.
- Ischaemic heart disease (CHD) – CHD clinics are led by the Health Care Assistant and the Practice Nurses.
- Lifestyle advice – This clinic follows a Department of Health initiative to promote and raise patients’ awareness of healthier lifestyles. The aim is to minimise the risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and other chronic diseases, and also help with weight loss. The service is free, confidential and discreet service, and is aimed at patients with a higher than average body-mass index. Please either ask your doctor, nurse or at reception, if you are interested in this clinic
- Learning Disability Clinic – The LD clinic is led by Kye, the HCA on an annual basis. All LD patients will be routinely invited.
- Maternity services – the community midwife holds a clinic on a Thursday and Friday at the surgery, Appointments are available via reception.
- Minor surgery – certain procedures can be performed in the surgery. Please contact the practice for more information.
- NHS Health checks – We offer these checks for patient between the age of 40 to 72 with no pre-existing condition . You will be routinely invited by the practice every 5 years.
- Overseas travel – If you’re planning to travel outside the UK, you may need to be vaccinated against some of the serious diseases found in other parts of the world. If possible try to organise this appointment 8 weeks before you go on holiday as some vaccines need to be given well in advance to allow your body to develop immunity.
- Pneumonia vaccinations – available all year for the same category of patients. One vaccination will provide lifetime cover.
- Post Natal Review – If you have recently given birth the practice offers post natal reviews. This is something you will be invited for automatically.
- Smoking cessation – For free support and advice please request a starter pack from reception. We run weekly sessions and will provide you with all the support required to stop smoking. If you require more information on stopping smoking please contact the reception team. Our smoking therapy clinics are held by our practice nurses.
- Sexual health clinic – it is possible to book an appointment for sexual health screening including blood tests for HIV. Tests cannot be done as part of a routine appointment so please book an STI screen or “9KF” with reception.
- Vaccinations and immunisations (travel, childhood) – The Practice Nurses run the daily immunisation clinic. To find more information on routine immunisations and if you are eligible please use the attached link. https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immunisation
For more information on services we offer or other services that aren’t mentioned here please contact the Practice reception team on 0161 226 0606 who would be happy to advice.